Ohhh hi. Nice to see you all after an unexpected little three week hiatus. I’d apologize, but I think anyone who knows me at all is quite familiar with my annual “it’s January and I feel like being a recluse” gig. If you don’t know me, hey, fun fact! I like hibernating in the winter.
Well if I haven’t been blogging during this period of hibernation, what have I been doing? Oh I’m so glad you asked.
- Having double-header indie movie nights. Frank, Sleepwalk With Me, and Your Sister’s Sister – all on Netflix, you are welcome.
- Eating shortbread cookies.
- Wearing this amazing denim jacket I bought secondhand practically every day and hoping no one notices…
- Reading about 1960’s Cuba and feeling more invested in a class than I have in quite some time (all the while adoring my professor, who is nothing short of spectacular).
- Shopping at Trader Joe’s and liking it 😦
- Attempting to marathon Jane the Virgin, even if it means I have to buy episodes on Amazon. In addition to faaar exceeding any expectations I have for a show on the CW, Jane the Virgin has Justin Baldoni’s face, which makes me want to cry. CRY, YOU GUYS.
- Listening to “Heirloom” by Sufjan Stevens and old Rattle and Hum-era U2 b-sides. I say this in the least pretentious/annoying way possible.
- Catching stunning sunrises on southbound buses. (this only happened once, but is worth mentioning)
- Actually cooking myself breakfast pretty much every morning.
- Thinking. Underthinking. Overthinking. Overbudgeting time. Underbudgeting iced mocha expenditures.
And that, my friends, is just about the extent of it. Perhaps I’ll keep up blog appearances from here on out. Perhaps I will continue to be a hermit. “That’s why people love me: I’m unpredictable,” she said sarcastically.